South Florida Airsoft Association Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Airsoft Association's Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Platano checking in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
platano16
Forum Member

Platano checking in Empty
PostSubject: Platano checking in   Platano checking in EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi, Christian G. aka Platano here. I haven't done any of these events yet but I want to get into this airsoft thing. I'm 15 turning sixteen in september. I have plans for all my gear. I will be starting to show up at hotshots in loxahatchee, because its closest to where I live (coconut creek). And can't wait to see you guys on the field.
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: Platano checking in   Platano checking in EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Welcome to the community Christian! So glad to see new players joining. What or who introduced you to airsoft? Feel free to post your plans for your gear, there are plenty of players here to help you with any questions you may have.

Also, once you turn sixteen, check out the Mindgame Productions post about their new Legacy Series for 16+ players.

Again, welcome and we look forward to meeting you out on the fields
Back to top Go down
http://www.sf-aa.org
platano16
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Platano checking in   Platano checking in EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:54 pm

I plan on buying one HFC Glock 17, and a CB NorthWard plate carrier with soft armor plates. I'm more of a runner type player hence my first gun being a pistol. I have black bdu pants that I plan on wearing. And I will be getting boots shortly.
Back to top Go down
Patriot
Forum Member
Patriot

PostSubject: Re: Platano checking in   Platano checking in EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Hey Platano. I'm new too but Welcome anyway.

I just wanted to comment on your first gun buy. If your set on it then disreguard this but as a general rule (in real life as well as airsoft) the only reason anyone uses a pistol is because they don't have a rifle. I've played pistol Vs AEG and maybe you're better than I am, but I didn't last very long. I was out ranged, under FPS, and my semi-auto pistol was nothing compared to the hail of rounds the AEGs were spitting out. So I'd advise getting an AEG first.

On the off chance you already spent the money, there are roles you can still fill as a pistol-only player. CQB would be ideal and you could always play the role of a downed pilot (that's what I was designated when I played pistol only.)

Anyway, welcome again, and good shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Platano checking in   Platano checking in Empty

Back to top Go down

Platano checking in
Page 1 of 1