South Florida Airsoft Association Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Airsoft Association's Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North vs. South Op

Go down 
+2
theonlyBuster
ROCK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ROCK
SOG Team Member
ROCK

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:56 am

Word is a lot of us will be going to this op on Nov 20, 210 so i think we should start planning on it. I can probably get us a good hotel rate if we all stay in one location (No Guarantee) There's a Holiday Inn Express just off Conway st right by the airport. I've stayed there on business before, so it's very decent and its close to the field we'll be playing at.

If you go on their site the prices range from $69 to $149 a night -- some of us agreed that it would be best if we stayed there until Sunday morning the 21st. So check in would be the 19th in the evening till the 21st. The more people that RSVP with me then the better rate I can possibly get. I'll post a link to the hotel site but please message me if you are going and want to be included.

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/orlando/mcocr/hoteldetail
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
FAU Airsoft Member
theonlyBuster

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:08 pm

hmm complimentary breakfast with actual decent food. I like.
When do you need (near) definite answers by?
Back to top Go down
ROCK
SOG Team Member
ROCK

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm waiting to hear back from the sales manager -- so I'll have a better answer for all of us soon. I would think that the sooner we can turn in a head count the better. I'm assuming we'll have at least two to a room. We have to be careful that we don't stuff 4 people to a room, this will not sit well with them and it may cause us to loose any future opportunities to stay there again. i've stayed there many times -- it perfect. B-fast, Beds are good for the price.

ROCK
Back to top Go down
ROCK
SOG Team Member
ROCK

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:32 pm

OK just spoke to the sales rep there and here are the details.

10 + rooms will be 79.00 per night (tax not included)

Less then 10 will be at the 85.00 per night (tax not included)

Obviously the more rooms the better the rate is.

I will need to turn in a head count by this Friday the 5th so they can block the rooms. Once the list is turned in each person will be required to provide a credit/debit card at check in. I will create the list so i just need a PM with your full name and how many occupants.

This time of the year hotel rates go up in Florida so please keep that in mind. For those you that know of folks that are not on the forum and are going to the OP please let them know and have them pass on their information through you. Or have them register on www.sf-aa.org.

Again this is an ideal location since its minuets from the field.

ROCK
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
FAU Airsoft Member
theonlyBuster

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 am

I'm confused... Where's the discount?
I'm looking at 2 queen size beds for $68 +tax on the site
Unless they're trying to give us the full rooms with sofas, full kitchen, and everything else.

Back to top Go down
ROCK
SOG Team Member
ROCK

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:23 am

theonlyBuster wrote:
I'm confused... Where's the discount?
I'm looking at 2 queen size beds for $68 +tax on the site
Unless they're trying to give us the full rooms with sofas, full kitchen, and everything else.

Sometimes prices on the internet are cheaper but you have to pay for it up front or if you cancel its non refundable. They also have limited quantities at that rate, so lets say five people today book 5 rooms at that rate then the hotel is done with that rate and pull it off the site.

With the rates i was quoted there are no restrictions; like cancellations fees, or prepay requirements. I just spoke to them and told them about the rates and that we're looking for something a little less but still with no restrictions -- she said that she will get back with me.

Either way those rates are really not that bad, so if they come back with a little less then great but i don't think there are any other locations up there, that are near the field and at that price range. Now of course im sure there are some motel 8's or 6's in the Orlando area that are probably cheaper -- but im not staying in a shit hole. I've stayed in enough of those for work and it sucks and its not fun.

The other issue we have is that we cant give them a hard number on how many rooms we need exactly. So im sure they don't want to block out rooms at that rate and not everyone show up. then they would be left with empty rooms...which i understand it just business.

In any event if i hear something back from them i will post it for everyone. Lets see what happens.
Back to top Go down
P-Chuck
United States Marine Corps.
P-Chuck

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Well who plans to attend this game? I have Spoken with a few Teams/Groups and there seems like a good amount of us going to this event.
Back to top Go down
ROCK
SOG Team Member
ROCK

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:36 pm

We probaly should do a roll call. So we can get an idea as how many are going for sure.
Back to top Go down
PIP
Forum Member
PIP

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Team Bonita Airsoft will be attending, we should have between 20 to 30 players going up. I believe most of our guys are planning on driving up in the AM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bonitaairsoft.com
shadow
KOA Team Member
shadow

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:10 pm

KOA will be there with around 10-14 players.
Back to top Go down
P-Chuck
P-Chuck

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Lets get a Role Call Going.
Back to top Go down
P-Chuck
P-Chuck

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Talked to Combat City and there will be Camping at the field.
Back to top Go down
P-Chuck
P-Chuck

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:47 am

Is there any one else planning on going up to the event?

I am going Solo, maybe +1.......
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
FAU Airsoft Member
theonlyBuster

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:28 am

FAU Airsoft has about 7 guys attending (not hoteling though)
Back to top Go down
Eviltom
Forum Member

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Does anyone have anymore info on this game maybe a link or website?
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
FAU Airsoft Member
theonlyBuster

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Eviltom wrote:
What info did/do you need? The website of the team/person hosting it is http://airsoftinflorida.webs.com , but I haven't seen any updates posted there. I'm not a fan of posting links to other forums on a forum

The Event's general info is
Date: Nov 20th
3650 Express St. (also 8th st.) Orlando, Fl 32827

TEAMS:
North

Tallahassee
Jacksonville
Lake City
Pensacola
Ocala
Gainesville
St Augustine
Daytona Beach

South
Kissimmee / Orlando
St Pete
Ft Pierce
Ft Myers
Melbourne
West Palm Beach
Lakeland
Miami

The gate will be open early and bbs will be flying NLT 0945. teams split and briefing at 0925. 0945 game starts with or without you.

Camping Friday on the field is allowed, but there's a strict no open flam policy.
Last I heard no pyro is allowed, but I heard it may change. Cold-burning devices are allowed. Smoke grenades must be cleared first though.
Back to top Go down
Eviltom
Forum Member

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks thats the info i was looking for.
Back to top Go down
ROCK
SOG Team Member
ROCK

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:49 pm

Eviltom wrote:

Here you go.

http://www.orlandoairsoft.net/Updates___Upcoming_Games.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

North vs. South Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: North vs. South Op   North vs. South Op Empty

Back to top Go down

North vs. South Op
Page 1 of 1