South Florida Airsoft Association Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Airsoft Association's Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your type of gameplay/mission?

Go down 
+4
Shooter
Eviltom
theonlyBuster
ACE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ACE
SOG Team Member
ACE

What is your type of gameplay/mission? Empty
PostSubject: What is your type of gameplay/mission?   What is your type of gameplay/mission? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Lets stir some conversation here.

What is your favorite type of gameplay/mission? Why?

Tell us your favorite type of gameplay, why, and maybe a memorable airsoft story

My favorite type of gameplay would have to be objective-based, more specifically when you have to complete multiple objectives including protecting a VIP, securing and holding positions, or clandestine type of missions. I prefer fighting behind the enemy lines to suprise an individual. The best type of gameplay in my eyes is one where everyone is challenged to their fullest extent and is able to walk away, win or lose, with the satisfaction of knowing they tried their best.

My favorite mission:

The best games I have ever played have been when I was on a small squad consisting of no more than 4 or 5 people and we had to take on a force much larger than our own. I was playing at field that most of the veterans used to play at near Pembroke Pines. One morning three of my teammates showed up really early and we decided to play an objective game. My teammate EZkill and myself as riflemen vs. Shooter and Robcat as snipers. They placed the objective in the center of the field, which was about 10 acres of dense forest and some swamp, and then the snipers watched it. Our mission was to grab the package and bring it to staging.
As we set out, we chose to take the long route which pretty much circled the field. It took us about 20 minutes to get there but it paid off. We knew something was fishy though it was extremely quiet and not a creature a stirring. It was agreed that I would run for the package as EZ would provide cover fire, and as I raced to grab the package a single round missed me by about three inches. I double-timed it back to my teammate and we went back the way we came. Again we knew something was up when traveled most of the field back to staging with the package and nothing was happening and as we came up to a 100-foot open clearing, we figured it was going to be an ambush. We agreed to buck it to staging and once we cleared the tree line, it was on. I rushed first with EZkill right on my tail. I looked over while we were running and to my suprise, they did not expect us to run it. Robcat and Shooter were trying to switch to their secondaries and by the time the got them out and started shooting we were almost home. The only thing is though, nothing is more exhilarating then trying to run as fast as you can with a pelican case on slippery mud while bbs are just trailing behind you. It was one of many great games played at this location and hopefully we can bring that same king of integrity, honesty, and fun to this field.

From my experience, the best games I have ever played were with a small group of very honorable people. It doesn't need to be extravagent with tons of players, but just some avid players and the right mindset can make the world of difference.

Last edited by ACE on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sead-online.org
theonlyBuster
FAU Airsoft Member
theonlyBuster

PostSubject: Re: What is your type of gameplay/mission?   What is your type of gameplay/mission? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 am

I love objectives, especially multi-step objectives. Team death match is ok to start the day off, but I want to have a reason to take out an enemy, not just because he looked at me wrong.

My favorite was a search ,secure, return type mission.

The games starts with a objective (large HEAVY crate) hidden from all teams.
Team A must find the objective and secure it for 10minutes before moving the crate back to their base. The problem is that the opposing team, Team B, is tasked with "Destroying" the crate (securing the crate for 3minutes).

Of course the one thing that makes this fun is that Team A is significantly smaller than Team B, as well as they have to transport a heavy container while still under fire.

This was basically the main focus point of Tiger Maw II a couple years ago. Locate the WMD, find the 5 scientists, transport all items back to base, have scientists reconstruct the WMD with WMD-parts scattered around the game field, transmit the WMD to designated area, secure for set amount of time, evac before WMD goes off, BUT if the opposing team disarms the WMD, you have to go back and re-arm it. the WMD MUST self-destruct.
It's interesting the ways you discover in order to move a 90pound bomb.
What is your type of gameplay/mission? 100_8455
Back to top Go down
Eviltom
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: What is your type of gameplay/mission?   What is your type of gameplay/mission? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:54 am

I would have to say my favorite type of gameplay would be in a MOUT/CQB type environment. These types of areas are perfect for airsoft being that its all up close and personal. Playing in the woods is great and all but doesnt give ya the same rush as trying to breach and clear a building that you have no clue how many people are inside or where they are at. Nothing beats kicking in a door deploying bangers and having 3 to 4 guys rush into a room guns blazing. Gets me jacked up just thinking about it. lol So far the best place ive ever played that offers such an environment is at the FT Drum MOUT facility in NY. [img]What is your type of gameplay/mission? Camtf-12[/img]

That's the main city at Ft Drum
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: What is your type of gameplay/mission?   What is your type of gameplay/mission? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:31 am

Now I love a good hunt. Those that have played with me, know I really enjoy the sniper role. The game that Ace mentioned was certainly one for the books. There was one point when EZ actually found my position, but realized that I found his at the same exact time. Next thing I hear is....oh s**t its shooter, turn around.....

Ive really been a big fan of the kind of games that require communication and teamwork. Once those comms go out of play I feel that all hell can break loose. Anything with an objective is just challenging. Having to change your tactics on the fly. I dont mind running with everyone, but like I said, those that know me, when it comes to stalking and being a sniper, I do the role well and I will do it for a long time.

I would love to run in a MOUT facility. Of course I would love to have something that could reach out even further, but that would take some serious money, but to really run the role similar to how its run these days in our modern military ....it would be just that more enjoyable.

And I agree with Ace...when you play with people that have a similar mindset and all the players are honorable it really makes for a good game....I am only hoping that we (SFAA) can help mold a lot of the newer players to have that mentality as well as some of the older players. Gonna be a great time on this new field....and new direction and all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sf-aa.org
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: What is your type of gameplay/mission?   What is your type of gameplay/mission? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Ya I agree with some previous posts. i do enjoy honorable players with the right mind set. And i agree with you shooter about stalking and waiting. even though i dont quite have a sniper yet, im still really just gonna let go of aeg's. I really enjoy sniping. One of my favorite games ive played has been a normal game at hotshots with some others. i went out in the woods with a person on my team with a sniper and another man. and we sorta dug into our spots and waited for the other team to come close to our positions. only reason we used this tactic is because we were far outnumbered. and once they got in range we all fired at the same time and all 4 of the enemies moving up on us jumped to the ground and i got a huge kick out of that. > and we sat there for about 5 minutes dishing plastic at each other. and after we got rid of those enemies we moved up...............and there were about 15 others on that team....and we had about 4 left on our team................so it came to the point were just me and another team mate were pinned behind a shed and i got hit........(i had no more respawns) so i started to walk away.......and when i saw the other team moving up on that shed were the only person on my team was...........I was just like FAIL. considering there were about 15 people........ he got out and the other team won the game but it was just a blast to play. and to get to the main subject i do enjoy more milsim based games......and enjoy long range engagements were you have to move up to get your targets out.
Back to top Go down
scorpius
Forum Member
scorpius

PostSubject: Re: What is your type of gameplay/mission?   What is your type of gameplay/mission? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:54 pm

OK my name is Alex and yes I know it's not a player introduction post. I have played a few times yet most of you do not know me. Since we are describing what type of game play we like I think it is a good time to start and write something back.
To me there is nothing better than the hunt or hide and seek type of game combined with any type of objective. Yes the fewer the better in a big wooded area. Yes as mentioned before it can be time consuming even boring at times, but to be stalking and just thinking that in any moment hell can break loose it is something out of this world!
Of course if you gather a bunch of people with the right mind set; ok even if it gets crouded could be amazing. I would not have much game experience, but since I am facinated by the military then I guess is imprinted in my blood. Good thing is that you do not have to be the best runner, nor the strongest person. Just have the right mind set and will to perform the mission or objective and then "VUALA" you will have the best of times as mentioned on the original post.
Ok MOUT would be great too, but I played once at Camp Blaning (awsome place, paintball) but the vibe was not there. At the end there were lots of compaint.
I hope that with the creation of the SFAA and the new soon place to play, people will come with the right mind set of honor before anything else and have a good time.
Oh and almost forget, age does not equal to better player or perfect mind set. At the end everyone will get to get home safe!
Have a good time playing and peace out!
Back to top Go down
Hellcat
Forum Member
Hellcat

PostSubject: fan of Attack and Defend games in the woods......   What is your type of gameplay/mission? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 am

My favorite type of game is Defending a post from attackers that are sneaking up. I will lie in wait in a bunker and pick off one or two attackers and then fall back to another bunker and wait again. I like to keep moving around after one or two kills, keeps the attackers from getting a fix on my position.

My other type of game I like is the objective based game on the bus field at Hotshot. Getting the VIP's out of the bus and back to base is a great game.

Then I like the mil-sim games that Gino runs that renact parts of world history.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Sniper
Forum Member
Shadow Sniper

PostSubject: Re: What is your type of gameplay/mission?   What is your type of gameplay/mission? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:41 pm

If anyone here has read any of my other post, they would probably already know that i take the role of a quiet, stalking, and patient sniper waiting for that one person to get within range of me to take a sure to hit shot. I mostly spent my time as a sniper but every now and then i get the urge to pick up my AEG and breach a building full of people with someone behind every corner in a CQB game. If it ever got down to me to pick a game type i would most likely pick a team objective game in a CQB environment with a bomb or something to retrieve or a VIP to get to an evac zone.

A forest can be my best friend sometimes but it can also be my enemy full of camouflaged people waiting to shot me as i approach there teams base. I love to sit on the roof of a building looking down through my scope at enemies trying to get inside and then the rush of hearing "They have breached the entrance!" through the comms. All in all i am more of a CQB player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your type of gameplay/mission?   What is your type of gameplay/mission? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your type of gameplay/mission?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Florida Airsoft Association Forums :: Community Forums :: General Airsoft Discussion-
Jump to: