South Florida Airsoft Association Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Airsoft Association's Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to pick

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
matt p
Forum Member

What to pick Empty
PostSubject: What to pick   What to pick EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey guys i'm saving for a new airsoft gun. I think I will either get the KWA m4a1 2gx or the KWA m16 BR 2gx. I just want to see your opinions on each gun and which one you guys think are good in what areas(accuracy,range etc.). Also many people say the m16 is more accurate because of the longer barrel, is this true and if so does it make a majar difference?

Thank you,
Matt

Last edited by matt p on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled)
Back to top Go down
theonlyBuster
FAU Airsoft Member
theonlyBuster

What to pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to pick   What to pick EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:10 am

I personally have had little experience with KWA rifles, but in general when a longer barrel is added to the equation is does often result in better accuracy as well as a bit more range. Just keep in mind a large portion of range is determined by the percentage of compression. The fewer air leaks a weapon has, the more likely it is to tap into it's full potential.
Simply going from a medium length to longer barrel, yes you would typically get more range. In terms of accuracy, you'll notice a more significant difference using heavier BBs. The difference in accuracy between a 375FPS weapon firing .20g BBs is pretty major when compared to the same gun firing .25g BBs. I personally didn't believe it until I mistakenly used a friends .25g BBs a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
matt p
Forum Member

What to pick Empty
PostSubject: Thanks.   What to pick EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:44 am

Alright, thanks i'll keep what you said in mind.
Back to top Go down
JollyGreen
DAWG Team Member

What to pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to pick   What to pick EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:33 am

negative, barrel length has no effect on accuracy, only range.

Diameter of the barrel is what effects accuracy.

Never had a KWA, buy a G&P and e done with it.
Back to top Go down
Hellcat
Forum Member
Hellcat

What to pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to pick   What to pick EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 pm

I have owned my KWA M4 RIS for over a year now....best gun I have ever owned, best customer support. I play every weekend so the gun has gotten a lot of use and abuse. In over 1 year of use I have worn out, not broken, but worn out 2 pistons, have not broken or worn out any other parts. Run 11.1 lipo with the KWA M130 upgrade spring. Since I do play every weekend I will tear the entire gun down for cleaning and inspection every other month. I highly recommend KWA.
Back to top Go down
Mc_SourMonkey
Forum Member

What to pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to pick   What to pick EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Own 2 KWAs one km4a1 and an sr10. the m4a1 was bought in march 2010 and never worn down a single part. never stript a piston or any gears. Running a 11.1 lipo since the beginning and have an m140 in it shooting at 480 fps. It has gone through its pases in a few games. i swear by it. the sr10 was bought around sptember of 2010. All stock parts except for an m120 spring. love them to death. you couldnt pay me enough to part with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What to pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to pick   What to pick Empty

Back to top Go down

What to pick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Florida Airsoft Association Forums :: Community Forums :: General Airsoft Discussion-
Jump to: