South Florida Airsoft Association Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Airsoft Association's Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now this would make for a great prop!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

Now this would make for a great prop! Empty
PostSubject: Now this would make for a great prop!   Now this would make for a great prop! EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Random find. But man this is really really cool. Even if not for airsoft, this is gonna be tons of fun at the home or office. Of course it only works at the moment with apple software...BWAHAHAHAHAHA! but others will be available soon.

http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/usa

First quadricopter that can be controlled by an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad

Thanks to its on-board Wi-Fi system, you can control the Parrot AR.Drone using an iPhone®, iPod Touch®, or an iPad®. It was initially designed for the Apple platforms and will be also available on other platforms in the next few months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sf-aa.org
Repo
Forum Member
Repo

PostSubject: Re: Now this would make for a great prop!   Now this would make for a great prop! EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:29 pm

That mysteriously looks like the madbull prototype they posted on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: Now this would make for a great prop!   Now this would make for a great prop! EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Yes and now. The quad prop idea is, but the range of the madbull one is much further for sure. You can only get a stable flight at a range of 20 feet with the Parrot. Plus its surrounding area is styrofoam. Plus the controls are with smart phones instead of a R/C.

Either way, I want one or the other to be honest. Just to have fun with as well. I remember when I was a kid our neighbor used R/C Helicopters he said if you can take a spinning lawnmower blade and stick your finger in it without losing it, you can operate a helicopter. I still think he wasnt joking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sf-aa.org
theonlyBuster
FAU Airsoft Member
theonlyBuster

PostSubject: Re: Now this would make for a great prop!   Now this would make for a great prop! EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 am

I've had a few friends working on this idea for about a year now.
There's an older concept one that goes a good 300ft in the air and can hover in one position with no problem.
Goes to it's max height in about 20 seconds, looks REALLY similar to this. I'll try to find a link and post it soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now this would make for a great prop!   Now this would make for a great prop! Empty

Back to top Go down

Now this would make for a great prop!
Page 1 of 1