South Florida Airsoft Association Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Airsoft Association's Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At the field today....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

At the field today.... Empty
PostSubject: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:12 pm

So P-Chuck and I were are the field today going over the layout and positioning of things and the RC Planes guys had a guy out there with a jet! That thing was so loud and it really sounded like there were jets in the background

We got chills thinking about how this is going to sound when we have games going on. Its so quiet in the park it will really add to the dynamic of the game.......

After the jet they have an incredibly large B-17 bomber flying around as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sf-aa.org
theonlyBuster
FAU Airsoft Member
theonlyBuster

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:02 am

pretty awesome... I guess we haven't to figure out how to equip those planes for air raids.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Forum Member
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:04 pm

So where's this field at? I'm not aware of any fields that people frequently airsoft at. All the wooded areas are preserves and private property in my area. Unless I'm just oblivious.
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:31 pm

You are right about all wooded areas being protected or private. The county searched high and low for us for a plot of land. We had two options, one was incredibly far up North in West Palm Beach at Dyer Park or this one location which I still cannot give out just yet. However this is the first of its kind. A county assisted airsoft only field. This particular part of the park happens to have nothing but invasive species of plant so they were happy to give us permission to use the land to build a legit field. Fencing, and all.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Forum Member
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Are they charging you/the airsoft community to build this on their land? Or are they just giving you the land because they hate the plants?
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 pm

They are giving us the land because they want the airsoft community to have a safe place to play. The permits require that we (SFAA, Inc.) be insured and we put up a perimeter fence. Part of the agreement of the donation is that we are responsible for it.
Back to top Go down
Avalon
Forum Member
Avalon

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Do you have to have medics at all the events held there?
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Good question. Something like that is not really needed like most privately run games that are held. Nor is this just a show up and play when you want field either. There are a few fire departments and emergency service stations close by in case of an emergency. However, safety is the number one priority of the field and the community.
Back to top Go down
Twizi
Forum Member
Twizi

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:37 pm

this should be quit an area to play its weird i was at markam park a couple of days ago and they were was a guy with a huge metal rc glider (they can get up to 300 miles per hour) and it sould like a sonic boom sometimes when it tured its ruder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the field today....   At the field today.... Empty

Back to top Go down

At the field today....
Page 1 of 1