South Florida Airsoft Association Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Airsoft Association's Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airsoft as a training tool.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patriot
Forum Member
Patriot

Airsoft as a training tool. Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft as a training tool.   Airsoft as a training tool. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:14 am

1,000rnds of 5.56 = $400ish
2500rnds of 6mm bbs = $11ish

How many of you guys use airsoft as a training tool?
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a training tool.   Airsoft as a training tool. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:29 am

Hey patriot, I know a few officers that use it as training. And from what I have heard many other departments are making the switch.

But I just need to add something to this post. We try to keep real steel discussion off of the forums. We are a non profit group that caters to minors so we have a bit of rules in regards to it.

Real-Steel Firearms discussion

Airsoft has natural links to the world of real firearms (commonly known as “Real-Steel”), and discussion of firearms is allowed to a point. The looks, weight, history, and operation of these firearms are normally valid topics of conversation, but ballistic effects are not. Basically, we want to avoid conversation that roams in to the arena of real ammunition and the performance of firearms in general. This is an Airsoft forum, not a real-steel forum. I hope you can understand and we thank you for understanding.

- Shooter
Back to top Go down
http://www.sf-aa.org
Patriot
Forum Member
Patriot

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a training tool.   Airsoft as a training tool. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:31 am

My bad. I didn't think that question was too over the line.

Are all the teams on here pretty dedicated to real-world tactics or just having fun?
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a training tool.   Airsoft as a training tool. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:59 am

Check into S.O.G. Nightbreed on here is their team captain. They also have a website http://sogfl.com/ which is still under construction.

And not the question wasnt too far out of line, I just need to make sure it stays that way, we are a county backed organization and are monitored.
Back to top Go down
Patriot
Forum Member
Patriot

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a training tool.   Airsoft as a training tool. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:33 pm

I PMed Nightbreed last thursday. Didn't know about the website though. Thanks Shooter.
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a training tool.   Airsoft as a training tool. EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 am

My pleasure this is the purpose of the SFAA. To get all the players involved with one another, let them know what is going on around the local community. Once within the community, you will find many different happenings. Mil sim, to beginner. S.O.G. and crew are one of the many teams representing the MilSim community down here and they do it well. The website literally just went live so timing is everything.

See you out there soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a training tool.   Airsoft as a training tool. Empty

Back to top Go down

Airsoft as a training tool.
Page 1 of 1