South Florida Airsoft Association Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Florida Airsoft Association's Official Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A newbies introduction and some tips?

Go down 
+4
RECOIL
Boa
Shooter
Comrade24
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

A newbies introduction and some tips? Empty
PostSubject: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Hello guys, My name in IRL is Fitzpatrick. The reason why I like airsoft is mostly because my friend Tyler on the program "Steam" (A program where you can chat and buy games, probably just like Xbox live except its free and on the computer) has told me about his games in North Carolina where he plays Fulda Gap. Here is an example of one of his games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC7i6UYYLrs . He told me some things about airsoft, such as what gun he used and why its bad to use springers due to their low quality (Well not all springers, but most of them), and what good guns to get. He currently uses a KWA SR 10, Which is a very good gun. I plan on buying my own airsoft gun (I already have 150 dollars so I am trying to find a gun on Airsoft GI, Maybe you could help me to find one with a price of 150 or less? At least 100 dollars so I dont have to bother with shipping ^_^!)
I hope you guys dont make fun of my age or if im too young to be playing with you guys because you dont like playing with minors with really squeaky voices who dont call their shots because I dont really talk alot to people I dont really know *I can be very shy around new people!* I am 12 years old (Sorry if that makes you mad in any sort of way or if that is against the rules because I see kids at Hot Shots in YouTube.) I am an asian, To be more specific, A filipino. No, Im not some kid who likes to talk about COD all the time and thinks that Call of Duty is realistic, Because I don't think its realistic AT ALL. I hope I can come to the game if you will let me... I hope I have not caused any trouble! (BTW, I live about 34 mins away from Hot Shots, and Hot Shots was the only field I could find near my house!) Well I hope I can start playing airsoft soon! I also hope I can come to Hot Shots!

Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Comrade...welcome to the forums and welcome to the community!

First off, do not be discouraged about your age at all. The one main reason this organization was started was not only to help start a field and unify the community, but to also to help give the younger players a place to play and learn the ins and outs the proper way. We do not discourage minors, however we do discourage sales of airsoft replicas to and by minors. Just a state law thing thats all. But you know that by now.....

There is a thread out there in regards to new replicas. Best thing we will all tell you is to save your money.....seriously. We have a saying, Buy Right or Buy Twice. Its as simple as that. KWA is a decent brand but I have heard a few airsmiths say they do not like the problems with them. Their pistols on the other hand are really great.......Look into something like an Echo 1 or a Classic Army. Yes they are a bit more money, but in the long run they will last you longer and take a decent beating. There are other brands out there too, just ask around and check some other forums out there.

Hope this helps you out a bit, Im sure a few other will chime in for sure. Again, welcome and we look forward to seeing you in the near future...Also do not forget to come to the Fundraiser BBQ and Raffle on February 5 2011. Location to be announced within the next few days. Bring your folks and you could have a chance of winning an airsoft replica worth twice as much as what you have to spend!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sf-aa.org
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Will that mean I am not allowed to buy airsoft guns?
Back to top Go down
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Cool. Age Is Fine. At least your honest. I Would Recomend A G&g Combat Machine. only around 170 on asgi and good brand and nice quality.....i wouldnt recommend echo 1....i took out my gun to test today (only had 20,000 rounds through it and it broke.......) Well Welcome to the forums and welcome to airsoft. youll love it. i can almost gurantee it.
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Boa wrote:
Cool. Age Is Fine. At least your honest. I Would Recomend A G&g Combat Machine. only around 170 on asgi and good brand and nice quality.....i wouldnt recommend echo 1....i took out my gun to test today (only had 20,000 rounds through it and it broke.......) Well Welcome to the forums and welcome to airsoft. youll love it. i can almost gurantee it.

Boa you do know that Echo1 does have a warranty correct? Get in touch with Brian at info@echo1usa.com. Tell him that Dan from SFAA said to write to you about what happened.

And Comrade, you cannot buy the rifle, but your parents can. Florida state law says anyone under the age of 18 years old cannot purchase or sell airsoft replicas i.e rilfes and pistols.
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Shooter wrote:
Boa wrote:

Boa you do know that Echo1 does have a warranty correct? Get in touch with Brian at info@echo1usa.com. Tell him that Dan from SFAA said to write to you about what happened.

And Comrade, you cannot buy the rifle, but your parents can. Florida state law says anyone under the age of 18 years old cannot purchase or sell airsoft replicas i.e rilfes and pistols.

I know that, thats what I plan to do.
Back to top Go down
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Shooter wrote:
Boa wrote:

Ok thanks Dan I Have had the gun for over a half of a year so.....but i did end up taking my gun apart for the first time and i found out that all it was was a really bad jam.........Thanks Anyways......im Actually Pretty proud for opening up my gun/ A Gun for the first time...i wanna learn more.
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm

So what do you guys thing about JG AEG's? Or CYMA's?

Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey my friend Tyler told me I should get a G&G Combat machine M4 just like the one you said. I was thinking about it but I dont know if it comes with batteries... Also do I need extra magazines just in case?
Back to top Go down
Shooter
President / Founder
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Its always good to have extra magazines. Last thing you would want is to have to run back to a staging area in the middle of a firefight to reload everything. Midcaps are the best way to go....give its a bit more "realism" when you have to reload in the middle of being pinned down. And you wont have to worry about winding the magazine either.

As for types of AEGs, Im more of a sniper type so its all greek to me. And to be safe, always have at least two batteries and a charger....This is an expensive hobby to get into, but a lot of things you gather over time.
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:44 pm

Why do you have to wind the magazine? I see people do it in videos but I dont know why.
Back to top Go down
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:32 pm

There are different kinds of magazines in airsoft high caps, mid caps, and low caps......high caps can hold around 300 for an m4 but they rattle alot and you have to wind them at the bottom every few second/minutes........mid caps are for realism and they don't rattle and you dont have to wind them,,,,,,but they only hold 130 rounds usually.......and low caps are the same as mid-caps except they only hold around 50 or less. and if you want to get into the sport and be dedicated to play for more than a year than i suggest that you get A G&G combat machine it does not come with a battery but it will last a long time and its a great gun. and a good price for that quality. and have at least 2 batteries.........it will depend on how you shoot with how many batteries you use in a day.... i only have one and it lasts me around 5-6 hours. And about the magazines i encourage mid caps.......but its personal preference depending if your going to dish out ammo, dont mind rattling, dont mind winding, dont like reloading alot. alot of things in airsoft are self preference. and even if you go with cheaper stuff .......in airsoft your going to dish alot of bucks if your in to it.
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Hmm but do you know what I should get?

Cyma or Jing Gong?
Back to top Go down
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Neither. both crappy internals. but if i HAD to pick, go with Jg. But Seriously consider The G&G.
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

My friend had a JG AK47 that lasted 3 years or something so... lol
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 pm

I was thinking about this G&G that you and my friend suggested? http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_237&products_id=7284

BTW Does it come with a battery because my friend said it dosent and I dont know if it really does or not... Battery is 25 bucks :P... Are you coming to the Hot Shots game? When is it gonna be?
Back to top Go down
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Thats A Pretty Good M4 You should be fine buying it. And no It doesnt come with a battery....but that doesnt matter higher quality guns dont come with batteries. just spend the 25 bucks on a nice battery and youll be set to go. and the hotshots night game is january 29th ....im going to try to be there.......
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Oh great! I just need 15 dollars more. Ill at least TRY to come on Saturday if my parents actually let me go. I wonder how long it would take to get to Loxahatchee in a car. I live away about 34 mins away from Hot Shots. You think its gonna be a long drive? Its 1 half hour and 4 minutes. I dont know if itll be long. Also what time do the players arrive?
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:22 pm

I forgot I need a mask... Dangit. Maybe I can borrow one from my friend? Do they let you rent airsoft guns at hot shots? I might bring a friend over. One of my friends in real life said he lives near hotshots.
Back to top Go down
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:56 pm

They Do NOT rent guns at hotshots but they DO rent mask the price to get in is 10 dollars and if you want to rent a mask its two dollars and fifty cents. And If your talking about coming on a regular Saturday then people come in through the whole day. there are a few regulars that go to hotshots including myself and a few others but its mostly new people that go on Saturdays the bigger games and alot more people go on Sundays but Saturdays are fine. if you go youll have a load of fun. i guarantee it. and i live in lantana Florida witch is about 45. mins away and its not too long of a drive for my mom to take me. im probably not going this Saturday considering its my birthday and im gonna buy some stuff for my gun but if you go Have Fun!
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Haha dude thanks I used to go to a school in Lantana! Ill try to come! How long is it again? 2 days? I hope my parents dont mind lol. Do are parents have to watch us?
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Maybe if I go I might see you there :P. If you see my I might have a paintball mask on and Im kinda short since thats how Filipinos are...
Back to top Go down
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 pm

lol ok i might be there.
Back to top Go down
Comrade24
Forum Member
Comrade24

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Boa
Forum Member
Boa

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:37 pm

Just go with the G&G.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A newbies introduction and some tips?   A newbies introduction and some tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

A newbies introduction and some tips?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next